Ride BART on April 25 for Get on Board Day (you may score a free ticket)
This event has passed. Thank you to everyone who made Get on Board Day a success!
Are you on board? National Get on Board Day is Thursday, April 25 — it's a day when transit agencies across the country will be touting the many benefits of public transportation.
BART will be joining the celebration, distributing free promotional BART tickets to people who ride BART. Up to 1,000 lucky riders could receive a ticket!
Here's what to do
- Pick up a "Get on Board Day" sticker distributed at the following BART locations between the hours of 6:30am to 9:30am on April 25:
- Montgomery Street
- Powell Street
- Civic Center/UN Plaza
- 12th St./Oakland City Center
- 19th St./Oakland
- Downtown Berkeley
- Proudly wear your sticker throughout the day (make sure it's visible)
- Throughout the day, we'll dispatch BART team members to surprise any person they see wearing the sticker with a FREE PROMOTIONAL BART ticket (we'll be roaming popular lunch spots near BART, downtown San Francisco and on trains during the evening commute). You might receive a ticket worth up to $20!
- We'll share our locations on social media, so be sure to follow BART on Twitter and Instagram, and BARTable on Twitter and Instagram to know where we are throughout the day
Want to be the first to know about future BART promotions? Sign up for our email newsletter.
- Sign the National Get on Board Day petition and raise awareness about the value of public transportation
- Share your story and tell us why public transportation matters using #GetOnBoard and tagging @SFBART on Twitter
About Get on Board Day
Get on Board Day is a new national awareness and advocacy day sponsored by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA). It's all about generating awareness of and increasing support for public transportation. On April 25, BART (along with transit agencies across the country) will highlight the economic, social, cultural, environmental and safety benefits public transit provides to our community.