2017 New Year's Eve schedule
We will run standard Saturday service until 8pm. Special service to and from San Francisco starts at 8pm and extends to 3am. Trains will run every 20 minutes after midnight with extra trains standing by in downtown San Francisco after the fireworks show. (Click here for a .pdf of the schedule).
The 2018 fare changes, including the paper ticket surcharge, will begin at the start of service when we open at 8am on New Year's Day. They will not be in effect between Midnight and 3am on Jan. 1, 2018, during your journey home from an evening out.
PLEASE NOTE: To minimize platform overcrowding at Embarcadero, Montgomery, and West Oakland, beginning at 8pm, trains will skip stops into and out of San Francisco as follows:
Going into San Francisco after 8pm:
- Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond line trains heading into San Francisco will not stop at Embarcadero Station. Exit at Montgomery Street Station for the fireworks show.
- Dublin/Pleasanton and So. Fremont/Warm Springs line trains will not stop at Montgomery Street Station. Exit at Embarcadero Station for the fireworks show.
- Millbrae and Daly City trains will stop at all stations in San Francisco.
After the fireworks end:
- Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond line trains will not stop at Embarcadero Station. Use Montgomery Street Station to catch these trains.
- Dublin/ Pleasanton and So. Fremont/Warm Springs line trains will not stop at Montgomery Street Station. Use Embarcadero Station to catch these trains.
- Dublin/Pleasanton and So. Fremont/Warm Springs line trains will not stop at West Oakland. The first East Bay stop is Lake Merritt Station. You will need to change to a SF-bound train if you need to return to West Oakland.
- Millbrae and Daly City passengers should use Montgomery Street Station.
Check Real Time Departures on your mobile phone (http://m.bart.gov) to see when the next train is leaving or text "BART go" to 468311. Or download the timetable for New Year's Eve service (.pdf).
Purchase Round-trip Tickets or Load Cash Value on Your Clipper Card
To avoid lines at ticket machines, purchase round-trip tickets in advance. Or, if you have a Clipper Card be sure to pre-load it with cash so it can be used on any participating transit system that accepts Clipper (www.clippercard.org).
Sunday Service on New Year's Day
On New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1, 2018 BART will operate on a Holiday/Sunday timetable with service beginning at 8am.