The Warriors parade will take place in downtown Oakland. The above map shows the route. The parade starts at 10am at Broadway and 10th Street, heads toward Grand Avenue, and then to Harrison Street. The parade ends at East 12th Street. The rally will start at noon at the Kaiser Convention Center.
Warriors have taken care of business by bringing home another NBA championship trophy and now it’s BART’s turn. We’re gearing up for an epic day Thursday when Oakland hosts a victory celebration. We’ve put together some tips to help make your championship parade day safe and enjoyable. Get more details at bart.gov.
Ten tips for riding BART to the victory celebration in Oakland
- Be patient, it’s going to get crowded; our busiest hours in 2015 were 8am-10am
- Use 19th Street Station, avoid the much smaller Lake Merritt Station
- Buy a Clipper card in advance to avoid extremely long lines at ticket machines
- Look for tables with cash only $15 Clipper card sales at 10 of our busiest stations
- Parking will be packed; think about taking the bus or walking to BART or getting dropped off
- “Permit” spaces in parking lots are for permit holders only, a citation will ruin the fun day
- When boarding trains, move to the center of the car so more can fit, remove backpacks
- Don’t jam a train door- it will take the whole train out of service and everyone will boo you
- Some trains may not stop at Lake Merritt if the Rally Zone has reached capacity or crowding
- Our service will not match the publish schedule so listen and pay attention
Riders can park for free at the Oakland Coliseum and take BART to downtown Oakland. Park in Lots A & B – enter through main gate off of 66th Avenue. Gates open at 8am. Cars should leave lots by 4pm.
The following stations will have Clipper cards available for sale for $15 (cash only).
- Warm Springs/South Fremont
- El Cerrito del Norte
- Bay Fair
- 12th Street/Oakland City Center
- 19th Street/Oakland
- Lake Merritt