BARTable Halloween Stencils
Carving a pumpkin is an art. The "oooos" and "aahhs" of trick or treaters coming to your door as they check out your carefully crafted pumpkin is something we all love to hear. From the classic Jack-O-Lantern to a favorite cartoon character, there’s so much to choose from when it comes to pumpkin carving. Here at BARTable, we have your solution… Three BART train stencils that are bound to get you many "oooos" and "aahhs.”
How to carve your pumpkin
To carve one of the three pumpkin designs, you’ll need some handy dandy carving tools, a trash bag, and a hard surface (if you use your dining room table, make sure to cover it with an extra trash bag, table cloth, newspaper, etc). You’ll also need a printer and paper to print out your stencils.
No matter what you are carving with, please practice safe handling of the tools.
- Using your tools, cut a hole at the bottom of your pumpkin (trust us, it works)
- Pull the pumpkin piece and out will fall the seeds and fibers
- Using a scraping tool (or large serving spoon), remove the insides until you have a clean center
- Take your printed stencil and wet it against the pumpkin so it sticks
- Carve out all the black pieces of the stencil (warning: the paper may rip in places so you may have to eyeball some areas)
- Option: You can shave out pieces of the pumpkin in the windows or even the logo so the light shines through
- Carefully remove carved pieces
- Place a battery operated (or real) tea light candle on your surface and place the pumpkin over
- Step back and admire your new piece of BART art
Probably the easiest of the three stencils, the younger sibling of the BART fleet is one you see throughout the year in one of the many Bay Area parades. BARTy, The BARTMobile’s design pays homage to our Legacy Fleet. Click here to download BARTy.
The OG BART fleet is one of the most recognizable trains in the world. The Legacy Fleet has 669 revenue vehicles and is comprised of four types of cars. This stencil nods to the C1 car that can operate as either a lead, trail or middle car of a train consist. The Legacy Fleet stencil is moderately difficult and some creative leeway can be made in the BART logo and in the window. Click here to download The Legacy Fleet.
Also known as BART’s new train, The Fleet of the Future draws excitement at the platform as it’s pulling into the station. This stencil nods to the lead car unit that soon will be the newer face of BART trains. The Fleet of the Future stencil is deceivingly difficult due to the fine lines in the windows and the logo. Some creative leeway can be made in the windows and BART logo. Click here to download The Fleet of the Future.
Let’s see them pumpkins.
Using a BARTable stencil? Let us know how it goes on social! Post your BART art pumpkin to Instagram or Twitter using @SFBARTable #SFBARTable.